Sunday, November 30, 2008

That Hair











Everywhere we go people comment on Lilo's hair. At Costco, at the grocery store, the scrapbook store, church, it doesn't matter where we are, people love his hair. They want to touch it, too. "Can I touch THAT HAIR?" Some people want to rub it, others just want a closer look at the ringlets. Either way, it drives him crazy. He will swat at your hand or just try to run away. Poor guy, women always wanted to touch him and get a closer look at him. I'm sure he'll just hate that when he's a teenager.
I LOVE his curls. I sometimes wonder how I'm going to manage them, when half of them are nothing but frizz and the other half is nothing but knots, but I just can't bear to cut them. He's three years old and has never had a haircut. Not even a trim. Luckily his hair is so curly that you can't tell unless you straighten out a ringlet. Some time I'll take pictures of him with his wet hair in the bath and you can all see how long it really is. It's down to the bottom of his shoulder blades- I'm not kidding. I just hope that one day he realizes just how lucky he is to have such beautiful curls. I love THAT HAIR!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

The first thought that popped into my head before I read your post was OOOHHH I want to touch that hair. Too funny. Poor kiddo.

Jenn said...

I love his curls too!

Jes said...

I love his hair, I would ask to touch it too! I hope he some day appreciates it, it is so pretty...I mean handsome.

Jodi said...

I only dream about hair like that. It really is beautiful. That's still a compliment when the guy is only three right? Can't wait to see you soon.